Minnesota Diving Academy is a highly-respected springboard and platform diving club and summer camp servicing the Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area, led by two-time U.S. Olympic Diving Coach Wenbo Chen.
Wenbo is currently the head coach of the University of Minnesota diving team, recognizing him as "one of the most respected and accomplished diving coaches in the world." Prior to coaching at UMN, Wenbo served four years as USA Diving’s head coach.
AWARDS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
- 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2010 Big Ten Women’s Diving Coach of the Year with the University of Minnesota
- 2016 Big Ten Men’s Diving Coach of the Year with the University of Minnesota
- 2012 London Olympics: Coached Kelci Bryant to a silver medal competing in women's 3-meter synchro, the highest award the U.S. has won in the category
- 2008 Beijing Olympics: Coached Kelci Bryant and Haley Ishimatsu to qualify and compete for the U.S. National Diving Team
- 2004 Big Ten Women’s Diving Coach of the Year with Purdue University
- Coached two national champions, multiple Big Ten Divers of the Year and Olympic medalists
Divers are instructed at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center, one of the best diving collegiate diving facilities in the country.
The aquatic center is equiped with
- an 18-feet deep diving well,
- two 1-meter & 3-meter springboards,
- 1-meter, 5-meter, 7.5-meter & 10-meter platforms,
- 2 trampoline beds,
- port-a-pit with apparatus,
- tumbling mats and mirrors,
- hot tub,
- and classroom with video equipment.